Sunday

Stray From the Path

In less Easter friendly news, heres Stray from the Path's video for "Damien". The song is about problems caused by those who blindly follow religion or any system of beliefs. Its not an attack on anyone or anything but ignorance. Here's a quote from the lead singer on the subject:

"[The music video is] not to shit on people who believe in God or any religion for that matter. Its about the evils and ignorance in things like religion. If someone believes in it because they feel like it works for them, then that is good. Not because a band does, or anything else. They do it for themselves. But just because they believe and you don't, doesn't mean you have to shit on it. Just respect that its different than what you believe."

I'm pretty sure I've heard those exact words come out of Nate's mouth. Why is it so hard for everyone else to figure out? My apologies for the heavy post, I'll save the rest for drunken bonfire talks in 2 weeks.

I was thinking of the band because I know they are just as depressed as I am about the Rangers loss yesterday, which ended their season. I gotta get my hands on one of these shirts at the Norma Jean show in Syracuse. Also, there is a Blackhawks fan in the band so Nathan you can love them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment