Wednesday

Deathbed Athiest> Norma Jean


Heres another video from Norma, actually forgot about this one till now. This ones on their new album Meridional which I have been listening to quite a bit.

On another note: I have been noticing lately that my mind works very subliminally, and one of the instances has to do with the connection between Norma Jean and Norma Jean. As you know I have been really digging the band, and making it my mission to know every lyric, guitar riff, and drum beat by heart. While my brain cleans up my daily agenda like a brand new sponge, it also soaks up everything my eyes see and ears hear. And when I attempt to express myself, I end up ringing out that sponge to see what comes out. In most cases I am dissatisfied in thinking what I have expressed has no true meaning to me, or my life.. but sometimes it does, and I can't even see it until later on. For example: When I was designing the new header for the blog, my intentions were to be non-objective. Something told me to use an image of Marilyn Monroe. If you didn't know, Marilyn Monroe's real name is Norma Jean. This could be a coincidence, or not. But with the every day fluff of deadlines, paperwork, and thoughts about the meaning of life filling my head and spilling out of my ears, I think there are connections being made without any effort or conceptual planning, and I like that. This only further illustrates how much music means to people, and how significant of an impact it has on our lives.

Devun

No comments:

Post a Comment