Saturday

SHOW: The Chariot, MCMB,

Going to a show seems to always be sporadic, it's a last second call on what will soon be the best decision you could have possibly made for your plans on that evening. Two nights ago I heard through the grapevine of college friends that there was to be a hardcore show in Syracuse. My first thought was "I must go." Hopped in the car and we were off. Preloaded with some alcohol and adrenaline, we pull up to the "Lost Horizon," and found a parking spot. As we finished the beers in my car we watched the crowd of scenesters plug up the sidewalks with doors wide opened, and MyChildren MyBride full blast. As dusk was rolled in so did my long lost friend Scott Harvey (one of the few readers of this blog.) So with everybody in the crew all present we made our way into the place. First thing that happened was I bumped into Mathew, the lead singer of MCMB. He was a really cool guy, and we talked about the band, and I asked some lyrical questions that I had always wondered about. The show started and we got down in the pit immediately, and the bruises accumulated fast. Fists and feet were flying in all directions, and this was for the local band that no one even knew. The next band A Plea For Purging came out and I ran immediately to get back in the action after a shot or two at the bar. Ran in and within a second my face made contact with someones fist or foot, and I blacked out for a second. So as soon as I entered I left and sat down at the bar again (bartender laughs at my quick return) Anyways I have no idea why I am rambling about this nonsense, what I originally was posting about was the amazing band member in MCMB, and THE CHARIOT! The Chariot coudln't have played a heavier, more electric set. The stage presence was that of an cheetah chasing down a zebra and tearing apart it's beautiful stripes. I don't know why I haven't been listening to them, but I promise I will start now. I should have learned from the first time I saw them and was also blown away. Got a shirt too, my new buddy Mathew from MCMB designs them himself.

Devun

No comments:

Post a Comment