Monday

Chip Kidd

So I just finished Chip Kidd's first book "The Cheese Monkeys," and before I order the sequal "The Learners," I figured I would post my reaction on the first book. Chip is a graphic designer/author who mostly designs jackets for books, and decided to write a couple himself. The "Cheese Monkeys" was a really good read about a young man going through the state school system with an art concentration. Shortly into the book he finds himself in an intro to communication arts with a teacher who is passionate and hard nosed, and clearly over qualified. He also meets a girl who will test his patience just as much as his teacher in his quest to survive to the next critique, and to learn something along the way. After meeting Chip this year, I really appreciate the book, he is a great guy, and a great designer/author.

Devun

No comments:

Post a Comment